12 Signs Of Depression
You may be wondering am I depressed, stressed or just plain unhappy?
I think most of us can agree that we have a day or two when we are feeling "out of sorts". Feeling out of sorts can be a normal reaction to our body's attempts to create and maintain balance. However when those days seem to linger on, perhaps it's time to start thinking about the likelihood of a mood disorder like depression.
Depression is often difficult to self diagnose because it can manifest in many different ways, most of which are not obvious. For many of us, the manifestations of a mood disorder may be seen in non-mood behavior patterns and disguised as normal events.
Below are just a few of the common signs of depression.
• Insomnia or difficulty sleeping
• Changes in weight gain or loss
• Experiencing multiple unexplained symptoms
• Fatigue, loss of energy to do things
• Irritable feelings, easily agitated or mood swings
• Changes in interpersonal relationships
• Difficulty concentrating or unexplainable forgetfulness
• Flat affect or feeling "numb"
• Loss of interest or pleasure in recreational or leisure activities
• Feelings of hopelessness, helplessness or worthlessness
• Reoccurring negative thoughts or perseverating on past events
• Irritable bowel syndrome
If you are experiencing 3 or more of these signs of depression on a daily basis, seeking the advise of a medical professional for a natural remedy for depression may be of benefit. In addition, there are things that you can do
to help yourself immediately (Read more) for self help for depression.